How to set up a reminder to back up

swapper 12:59 PM 16 Oct 11
Answered

I have windows XPpro desktop, and also a Laptop with Vista home. I keep forgetting to back up with Acronis on both (to my cost).

Is there a free/shareware programme that I can use that would remind me to backup when I first log on, say once a week or something?

tia

rdave13 13:28 PM 16 Oct 11

Scroll down to 'How To Create Alarms And Reminders With Windows Xp's Scheduling Service'

Click here

Zeppelyn 15:04 PM 16 Oct 11

Why do you need anything else when Acronis can be set to back up on schedule.

Muergo 20:30 PM 16 Oct 11
Answer

I agree with Zeppelyn, you can set acronis to a timed backup or even a continuous backup if you have enough capacity on hard drive. I back up to an external hard drive and every so often clear it out and start afresh with a full backup then incremental.

Terry Brown 20:48 PM 16 Oct 11

If yuou want a 'Calender type' reminder try google calener or if you have Microsoft office do the same in that.

With google you can have a reminder sent to your mobile phone if you require (not sure if any cost)

Terry

swapper 16:10 PM 17 Oct 11

Thank you all, I have set up Acronis to remind me tomorrow?? I'm hoping that it will not start automatcially to do a backup, but give me the option, anyway I'll wait and see.

tvm again.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites