How To Set Up Mutiple OS's

startup 13:53 08 Jul 04

Could anyone please give me a rough guide as to the process of having two operating systems on the same computer.

I am running Win Me and have had problems with my Creative Labs Re-Writer. Each time I load my NTL internet program there is a conflict with the re-writer program and it will not be recognised. Lots of e-mails to Creative have proved useless and now I would like to try and install Win 98 on my seconde drive which will enable me to set up and use the re-writer OK.

How do I go about this and will I need any other software to allow me a choice of OS at bootup?

Startup.

AndySD 14:00 08 Jul 04

Which NTL internet program (broadband or Dial up)? in either case you should just be able to note down the settings after signing up and then remove the program. If your internet stops then manually reinstal the noted settings.

TomJerry 14:14 08 Jul 04

You can get it from Amazon about £20. Partition Magic to prepare HDD and Bootmagic (come with PM) to manage which one OS to boot when machine start. It is really a magic program for non-techie.

startup 08:08 13 Jul 04

Andy SD, ta as it happens I have removed the ntl gearbox setup prog once i had established my internet / e-mail settings but for some reason the creative re-writer (NTI) prog says there is no device recignised on the system. creative Labs have been very unhelpful so this is my other alternative.

Thanks for the advice though I'll try partition magic.

startup.

TomJerry 09:09 13 Jul 04

such as nero if NTI do not want your business

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…