how to set google to UK as default

pollpott 07:16 18 Nov 05

how can i get google to search uk sites as default?

Skyver 07:24 18 Nov 05

Either put :uk in your search terms or if you're using Firefox download the Google UK search engine (select Add Engines from the dropdown list).

Hamish 07:45 18 Nov 05

Google, Options, Search and from use google site at bottom of page select UK,

pollpott 09:28 18 Nov 05

Thanks Hamish, this selects google UK but what I actually want is for the default to be UK pages, is this possible?

ACOLYTE 11:44 18 Nov 05

Click the preferences button on the google page the select England.scroll down and save your preferences.

ACOLYTE 11:46 18 Nov 05

Or if that doesnt work just and UK to the end of searches.

Hamish 11:50 18 Nov 05

I am not sure what you really mean. Do you want Google to be your home page. Do you have a Google toolbar installed. I have and when I open the search on the toolbar it opens to Google UK as does Froogle UK

bdub 12:20 18 Nov 05

in IE go to tools,internet options then type in click here select apply job done.

octal 12:52 18 Nov 05

The way I'm understanding pollpott is he/she wants to open Google and enter a search which then searches UK pages without having to tick the radio box to search UK pages, I don't think there is a way to do that apart from ticking the box.

pollpott 15:57 18 Nov 05

Sorry bdub but I don't understand 'type in click here ' this just gives me google home page. Octal is right I just want to be able to search UK sites as default without checking the button.

ACOLYTE 16:15 18 Nov 05

I think the only way to do that is to add UK to the end of a search.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…