How to set default font in Thunderbird

TommyRed 17:32 09 Dec 04

I'd like to have the Arial type as my font for all future e-mails, how do I set it as the default font in Thunderbird. TIA TR

Stuartli 17:37 09 Dec 04

Tools>Options>Fonts tab.

Valvegrid 17:46 09 Dec 04

Mine is in Edit>Preferences and click on the Fonts tab.

Stuartli 17:53 09 Dec 04

I've just upgraded to version 1.0 so this may have been changed - in any case there's usually more than one way to reach configuration.

TommyRed

PS

Whilst in Tools>Options it would seem you may have to check/configure all your settings if you haven't already done so...:-)

Valvegrid 18:09 09 Dec 04

That's really interesting, I'm using version 1.0, but its the Linux version.

Does this look different to yours?

This is the Tools menu

click here

This one is the Edit menu were my Preferences is located:

click here

Sorry to butt into your thread TommyRed, but I need to know so that I won't give bad information.

Thanks.

Valvegrid 18:11 09 Dec 04

Sorry, that's Firefox, I'll try again.

Valvegrid 18:14 09 Dec 04
  Valvegrid 21:16 09 Dec 04

Go with Stuartli's advice. My version of Thunderbird in Linux is quite different to yours, it's something I'll have to careful with in the future.

click here

Sorry for the confusion.

Good night.

Stuartli 09:12 10 Dec 04

Firefox is the browser - Thunderbird is the e-mail program....:-)

Valvegrid 10:45 10 Dec 04

Yes yes, I know, that's why I posted the second time with correct information at 18:14, if you notice my Linux Thunderbird version is quite different to the Windows version, hence the appology.

TommyRed 14:35 11 Dec 04

Still confused as to getting Arial as my default font. I can get it from the 'write' page in Thunderbird but when I go to tools>options>fonts I am confronted by Proprtional(serif or sans-serif); Serif;Sans-Serif; and Monospace. Some of these options do not have Arial as a choice, one does. I have chosen Arial but it is still not the default. There is also a box checked "Allow messages to use other fonts" Any help much appreciated. TR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…