How Set CD to Autorun?

Legslip 20:04 30 Nov 05

I have built a Manual in Word and converted to PDF using Acrobat. Can someone advise how when I burn the file to CD, when other people put it in their PC it will Autorun?

mattyc_92 20:08 30 Nov 05

Open "NotePad" and type in the following:

[Autorun]
Open=file.extension
Icon=file.extension

There are alot more commands you can add to make it "more professional".

*NOTE: Win98 doesn't always open document "type" files (e.g PDF, DOC, PUB, etc...) so you will need to use a "autorun menu" to open your file.....

mattyc_92 20:09 30 Nov 05

click here for more info and commands you can add....

Legslip 20:47 30 Nov 05

Sorry people. Excuse my ignorance but when Ive written this in notepad, what do I do with it?

mattyc_92 14:47 01 Dec 05

Save it as "Autorun.inf" and burn it to the ROOT of the disk (ie d:\autorun.inf where d is your drive's letter)

Legslip 21:46 06 Dec 05

Thanks everyone. Downloaded a bit of software for a tenner and problem solved.

Simsy 09:29 07 Dec 05

the following will enable this as well

click here

Note two interesting things;

It is "affordware", i.e. you pay for it if you can afford it. (This is a new feature... it was completely free when I got it about 3 years ago)

The reference to HTML is misleading and not doing the software justice. It can be used to open any type of file. They use HTML files as an example and it is easy to read it as HTML only.

What was the software you found Legslip?

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…