How to send screenshot

ponytail 10:10 21 Jan 13

I have been having a lot of trouble trying to install a game called wings of prey.Have been in touch with the makers and have got so far.They now want me to send them a screenshot of some icons but how do I do that.Tried copy and paste and drag and drop but neither works can someone advise

onthelimit1 10:18 21 Jan 13

Top right on your keyboard is Print Scrn/SysRq. Press that, then in your email editor Ctrl +V to paste it.

ponytail 10:59 21 Jan 13

Hi onthelimit1 found this

www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Screenshot-in-Microsoft-Windows

It seems to have worked what do you think

ponytail 11:00 21 Jan 13

Sorry seems to be a problem with this link found it on google

john bunyan 11:33 21 Jan 13

ponytail

I tried your link, here: WIKIHOW. Fine, and I use the w7 snipping tool, but onthelimit1's method, which after years of using PC's I did not know, was far quicker and a brilliant tip! Thanks.

Batch 12:42 21 Jan 13

As an alternative, MWSnap (see http://download.cnet.com/MWSnap/3000-2072_4-10524229.html) enables one to capture precisely the part of the screen that you want. Note - I'm using it with WinXP, hope it still works with later OSs.

Woolwell 14:26 21 Jan 13

Print Screen captures the entire screen. Alt+Print Screen copies only the active window.

SillBill 14:46 21 Jan 13

Print Screen does not seem to work with FF and GMX. I have to paste into Paint and save as a jpg from there.

caccy 14:55 21 Jan 13

In FF "ctrl" and "prtscn" together copy the screen to your clipboard. From there you can copy it to your word processor.

SillBill 15:48 21 Jan 13

caccy

My email client GMX will not allow pasting images/pictures from the clipboard, just tried your suggestion.

lotvic 16:41 21 Jan 13

SillBill, that doesn't mean it won't work for ponytail and the email he is using.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Why upgrade to Windows 10? Is Windows 10 good? The pros and cons of!…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to Draw Realistic Female Superheroes

Apple Q3 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone and Mac sales fall, overall revenue'…