How to send screenshot

ponytail 10:10 AM 21 Jan 13

I have been having a lot of trouble trying to install a game called wings of prey.Have been in touch with the makers and have got so far.They now want me to send them a screenshot of some icons but how do I do that.Tried copy and paste and drag and drop but neither works can someone advise

onthelimit1 10:18 AM 21 Jan 13

Top right on your keyboard is Print Scrn/SysRq. Press that, then in your email editor Ctrl +V to paste it.

ponytail 10:59 AM 21 Jan 13

Hi onthelimit1 found this

It seems to have worked what do you think

ponytail 11:00 AM 21 Jan 13

Sorry seems to be a problem with this link found it on google

john bunyan 11:33 AM 21 Jan 13

I tried your link, here: WIKIHOW. Fine, and I use the w7 snipping tool, but onthelimit1's method, which after years of using PC's I did not know, was far quicker and a brilliant tip! Thanks.

Batch 12:42 PM 21 Jan 13

As an alternative, MWSnap (see enables one to capture precisely the part of the screen that you want. Note - I'm using it with WinXP, hope it still works with later OSs.

Woolwell 14:26 PM 21 Jan 13

Print Screen captures the entire screen. Alt+Print Screen copies only the active window.

SillBill 14:46 PM 21 Jan 13

Print Screen does not seem to work with FF and GMX. I have to paste into Paint and save as a jpg from there.

caccy 14:55 PM 21 Jan 13

In FF "ctrl" and "prtscn" together copy the screen to your clipboard. From there you can copy it to your word processor.

SillBill 15:48 PM 21 Jan 13

My email client GMX will not allow pasting images/pictures from the clipboard, just tried your suggestion.

lotvic 16:41 PM 21 Jan 13

SillBill, that doesn't mean it won't work for ponytail and the email he is using.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…