how to send a link via email

joeltr 15:32 26 Jan 04

hi all, i like to come to this site as often as i can,i am quite new to home computing, but from time to time when i see a click here link (also on some emails i receive)i would like to be able to do it in some emails i send to my daughter, hows it done?, thanks

AubreyS 15:36 26 Jan 04

All you have to do is copy the link then paste it where you want it.

Djohn 15:38 26 Jan 04

Type or copy/paste the address as you see it. and it will turn into a link in your e-mail message window as soon as you click the spacebar or the next key for a character.

Example: www. google. com but without the spaces will turn into this. click here j.

because you dont say otherwise I'll take it you use outlook Express (its much the same with most email clients).

write your email message the select(highlight) the word or words that you wish to be a hyperlink then click the Link button on the toolbar (alternatively use Insert/insert hyperlink from the MenuBar) when the dialog opens just fill in the address box and click OK.

Djohn 15:40 26 Jan 04

In your e-mail it will stay the same layout as typed but turn blue. You will then know that it's a link for the recipient to click on. j.

joeltr 19:20 26 Jan 04

sorry for the delay in replying, but when i tried to access the site again, a page came up saying something like jruntime, its ok now ,right i will try to master your solutions, thanks again,regards, joel.

joeltr 13:21 27 Jan 04

it works a treat, regards joel.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…