how to see special fonts in a web page

Henderson 21:16 03 Jan 05

I'm sure I saw in last months Advisor a small article explaining how special fonts can be uploaded to be seen in your websites by everyone even if they have not got that font installed on their computer. I am very interested in this article and it looks as though my stupid husband has thrown away the magazine as he has finished with it and removed any article of interest to him! if anyone can help by reprinting the article, or pointing me to something simular I would be very gratfull.

Forum Editor 23:01 03 Jan 05

if the fancy font is simply used as a heading, is to create the words or sentence as a graphic. Save it as a .gif and then everyone, whatever their browser, will see it as you intended.

If you want to use an unusual font for larger sections of text it can be done, but there are some issues. First of all you must make sure that you have permission to distribute the font, because if you don't you're infringing someone's copyright.

Secondly, think carefully about your audience, and whether some of them might have difficulties with reading the font against whatever background you've chosen. Experiment with different browswers too - not all of them will display embedded fonts as intended.

I suggest that you read this
click here before you go any further, and if possible avoid embedding fonts unless it's absolutely necessary.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…