How secure is your bank data?

johndrew 14:16 17 Oct 13
Answered

As a result of the recent Adobe breach some people may find this article on the experience of one individual and what may be done to protect yourself of interest.

johndrew 10:47 19 Oct 13
Answer

Yet again no one is interested.

Woolwell 11:22 19 Oct 13

You had 154 views but nobody commented which doesn't mean that they are not interested.

wee eddie 11:25 19 Oct 13

John, Before I saw Woolwell's posting I was about to say roughly the same thing.

That is, that those that had read the article had little constructive to add to it.

rickf 12:26 19 Oct 13

Actually it's an interesting read and I have learnt a few things from the article. I did not know for example that the browser manager had basic encryption which was why I never used it thinking it would make me even more vulnerable. Thanks.

johndrew 10:40 20 Oct 13

When posting this sort of information a little feedback is helpful. I am now loath to answer many requests for help as there is no response from the requester which means I have no idea if the suggestion made has helped. Nor is there any thanks in many cases. As a result such little information as posted here can only be seen as ignored or not worthwhile. Simple "views" give no indication at all.

Perhaps it is me expecting a small amount of unwarranted feedback or thanks for efforts made when it is considered invalid by others. I have always made the effort to thank those who have provided me with any information whether requested or simply noted from a post made in general support - this was, until recently, a common courtesy on this site. This also may have something to do with the number of 'original' members who no longer appear to use the site - I know some have made their intentions to cease their involvement known.

Pine Man 11:33 20 Oct 13

This site is slow enough without creating more traffic.

If everybody who had read your post gave a view there would have been in excess of an extra 250 posts.

Your post was general,not specific, and if any body felt the need to comment they would have done.

I don't really think you need to throw your teddy out of the pram and stop answering requests for help because you didn't get many replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5