how to seal refilled inkjet cartridges?

ralph-226856 14:59 10 Apr 06

Hi all, I have recently tried refilling Epson chipped inkjet cartridges and am having problems with ink leaking from the cartridge outlet hole after I have sealed it with sellotape.
I have made sure the area around the outlet hole is dry and free from old ink and have tried different types of sellotape but still I've had two leaking cartridges. Is there a special type of tape available for this job? I have followed the refill instructions to the letter.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

SANTOS7 15:04 10 Apr 06

# A set screw (on those cartridges where it is recommended).
# Silicone rubber
# Hot glue
# Hot wax
# Vinyl electrical tape

click here text taken from link, have to say haven't used any of these methods so can't say which is best........

Stuartli 15:07 10 Apr 06

Another guide:

click here

woodchip 15:20 10 Apr 06

I always just use sellotape, on a Epson 680 chiped then fit strait after filling them

jack 17:28 10 Apr 06

I use a blob of impact adhesive [EvoStik or similar]
and let it dry thoroughly - Hot wax too is good
Tapes of all types not so good.

Stuartli 18:05 10 Apr 06

Sellotape is a waste of time as there is not enough purchase for the tape to remain in place or remain leakproof.

Pidder 18:35 10 Apr 06

Haven't tried it but someone once suggested bluetac (is it spelled like that?)...

spuds 18:42 10 Apr 06

Choice Stationary sugested Bluetac on one occasion to me. Perhaps worth a try!.

Pamy 18:47 10 Apr 06

I fill mine from the outlet hole and only when I am ready to put it into the printer. This way I do not have to seal it with tape. I then let it stand for 24 hours befor use. No probs.

ralph-226856 21:35 10 Apr 06

Many thanks everyone for the tips. I must admit that I would never have thought of some of them, BluTack for instance, does that really work?
I like the sound of Impact Adhesive, i use it for all sorts of stuff, so thanks jack, I'll give it a try.
Silicone rubber also seems like a good bet, has anyone tried it?
Thanks again for the suggestions.

baldtaco 14:28 11 Apr 06

A bit of silver abduct tape is all I use. Easy to replace and has a strong bond that resists leakage well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…