How? to Screen Capture right click context menu

myfoot 23:58 31 Dec 06

Have 3 tools for screen capture on PC
Windows print scr button
FastStone image viewer
Faststone Screen Capture 5 Beta

Now maybe one of these can do the job, i.e. Capture right click context menu, and I just haven't figured out how, or maybe I need a more advanced tool. With all of the above as soon as I right click my mouse
the capture sequence is ended. Have tried time delay with FS Capture but that is not the way.

So anybody suceeded in capturing right click context menu with free, or very cheap screen capture app?

Stuartli 00:06 01 Jan 07

Should be available via the Clipboard. See:

click here

Stuartli 00:07 01 Jan 07

Prt Scr is activated using Shift>Prt Scr; you might inadvertently have forgotten the Shift key use.

myfoot 00:25 01 Jan 07

Thanks Stuartli and happy new year. That does give me the picture, but how do I edit/crop this .CLP file.

myfoot 00:32 01 Jan 07

Thanks I have it now. Using Shift+prt scrn with FastStone Capture running and copy to editor selected it opens in inbuilt editor and all is well. Thaks again

Stuartli 00:33 01 Jan 07

Try Irfanview; if you don't already have it go to:

click here

Stuartli 00:34 01 Jan 07

Good start to the New Year...:-)

Eric10 12:47 01 Jan 07

I use the free utility MWSnap click here. With this running and minimised just right-click to get your context menu then press Ctrl+Shift+A to launch the 'capture any area' feature. Now click one corner of the menu, move the mouse to draw out a rectangle then click again and you can capture just the menu or include as much of the surrounding screen as you like with no need for cropping.

myfoot 13:13 01 Jan 07

Thanks Eric10,

MWSnap is indeed a nice little app and half the size of the FastStone Capture app. Have just used it on laptop and it really does it with no fuss.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…