How to save a word document

hiwatt 14:39 16 Oct 07

Hi folks,could someone tell me how to save a receipt for something bought online.There's an option to print it but I don't have a printer.I've done this before but can't remember how.I'm using windows vista.Thanks.

wotbus@ 14:51 16 Oct 07

You could take a screen shot and save that.
Display the receipt > press Print Screen > navigate to MS Paint > click Edit then Paste then Save As....and decide where and what you want to call it.

wotbus@ 14:51 16 Oct 07

Just noticed the Vista bit - the principle is the same by the words may be different ;-)

hiwatt 15:05 16 Oct 07

When I choose print it's only giving me the option to use a printer.There's a "print preview" ption that opens up the receipt in a word document but there's no option to save it?Any other ideas?Thanks.

wotbus@ 15:09 16 Oct 07

You Print Screen by pressing the Print Scrn key on the keyboard (top right a bit). Don't go to File > Print....that's not the right place ;-)

wotbus@ 15:11 16 Oct 07

You should find MS (Microsoft) Paint under Start > Programs > Accessories but that's under XP so your Vista may be a bit different. The principle is the same though.

hiwatt 15:15 16 Oct 07

Thanks.When I press print screen nothing happens.I've got "paint" ok though.

hiwatt 15:22 16 Oct 07

Thanks folks.I managed to do it by right clicking on the screen and choosing "print preview" then saving it MS paint.Thanks wotbus.

octal 15:26 16 Oct 07

Why not just save the email as text?

hiwatt 15:29 16 Oct 07

It wasn't an email I was trying to save it was an actual screenshot.Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now