How to save Windows Movie Maker files in VCD form?

Newuser3443 10:56 07 Jan 05

I have Windows Movie Maker 2 installed on an XP home SP2 PC.

How do I convert its files to a format that I can play back on my TV's DVD player (i.e. VCD od DVD)?

Ideally using freeware or Nero 6 (I've tried using the later to save in VCD format but it looses all of the transistion effects).

I know that WMM2 is not designed to save directly in either of these formats (guess that will be in the next version of Windows).

Any help would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

TomJerry 11:13 07 Jan 05

VCD use mpeg1 codec which is free and all burining software such as nero has codec for it, if it does not work, you can get free TMPGEnc for it click here

However, vcd is waste of time DVD age

TC27 09:22 24 Jun 05

Unless you wish to burn many DVD's, & manage to get it set up well enough, VCD's are great value & good qualities & coders will play on a lot of DVD players also, these days. I am definitely not bothering with A DVD rewriter - as a new type of DVD is already invented, better again, & will probably be getting into the market place within a couple of years. Is 'pioneering label is 'Blue Laser Technology.' - &, one day, discs will disappear & it will just come down to a little chip tablet that will be placed in a nearly as little box. Imagine how many good movies we'll be able to store at home then!! I hope the sellers don't create too many formats & data codes with them though - as it is so hard not to get conned while finding the best quality/user friendly/cost effective one. So much information is 'closed information' in order to make us spend more money to find out. Thank goodness for forums like this where some of us can help save each other time/headache/money. Thus it is; shop around - even in forums.
One day eh!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…