How to save a web site

y_not 19:23 12 Sep 04

I would like to copy the Food Standards Agency website to my laptop (for work use) because I do not have an internet connection at work and need information form the site.

My questions are: -

1. Can it be done and if so how?

2. Would it be illegal to do this?

Many thanks

Tony

Graham ® 19:36 12 Sep 04

Only thing I can think of is to copy screen shots to a CD.

y_not 19:42 12 Sep 04

Thanks for the response Graham.

I've managed to find a programme which mirrors websites (and its free!). I am currently copying the FSA site (which seems scarily big). I just hope I'm not breaking any laws.

If its of any use the programme is WinHTTrack Website Copier. Seems straight forward to use.

Many thanks

spuds 19:50 12 Sep 04

1.Not sure about the answer to that question, but if you are looking for certain Food Standards information/advice, then that agency may have training type cd's available for public and business use. You would need to contact them direct for that information.

2. You would most probably find that there are some form of copyright issue, covering the website and the information contained in it.

Graham ® 19:50 12 Sep 04

Glad you're sorted. What will they think of next!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…