How to save my E-mails from my Inbox & Sent Box

Shikaree 11:53 12 Jan 09

Hi Folks,

I have quite a few E-mails in my Inbox & Sent Box which I wish to save and keep, can anyone please tell what is the best & easy way to save these.

Thanks

Shikaree

Clapton is God 11:59 12 Jan 09

Which OS?

Which e-mail client?

birdface 12:00 12 Jan 09

Just open a new folder and name it what you want.And move them into that.What e-mail provider are you using and I am sure someone will be able to help you.

Shikaree 18:58 12 Jan 09

Hi Clapton is God, buteman,

Thanks for the prompt replies. Sorry I should have thought of that : OS - XP Pro. My ISP is Virgin. I get and send e-mails via Outlook Express.

Much obliged.

birdface 22:06 12 Jan 09

I don.t use outlook express but I think this is how you do it.Right click local folders.Click on new folder.In folder name type in saved mail or whatever you want it called.Then press Ok.It should open a new folder.Not sure if that is what you are looking for.

birdface 22:11 12 Jan 09

To move a message.Right click message and click on move to folder.And just move it to your new folder.

DieSse 00:10 13 Jan 09

Saving them into other useful named folders is the best way. They're still there whenever you need to read them.

I use Thunderbord (which operates in a very similar way) - and have hundreds of emails sorted in folders and sub-folders, just like a regular filing system.

Just make sure you do regular backups of ALL your data, to keep separate copies of it all elsewhere (external drive, CDs, memeory stick, or whatever.)

DieSse 00:12 13 Jan 09

To move messages between folders in OE you can click and drag, just like moving files in Explorer.

Stuartli 00:18 13 Jan 09
  Shikaree 16:59 13 Jan 09

Hi buteman, DieSse, Stuartli,

Thanks very much for all the Help and info. I shall try it out and hope it works for me.

Shall let you know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple