How save emails according to date and time?

BloggsF 04:55 26 Apr 10

I like to save my emails under the name of the person I send them to/receive them from. Unfortunately, they save randomly within the folder. Is it possible to make them save in time and date order irrespective of what is written in the subject line?

wiz-king 05:41 26 Apr 10

If you are using Outlook or Outlook express just click on the heading bar at the top of the list 'from' or 'to' and it will list them in order.

BloggsF 05:59 26 Apr 10

Thanks wiz-king but, unless I'm missing your point, that doesn't solve the problem. I like to save my emails onto a folder on an external hard drive. They always save according to what is written in the subject line. I want them to save according to the time and date.

wiz-king 06:37 26 Apr 10

Open the folder > view > select 'details' then you can click on 'date modified' to sort by date.

BloggsF 07:25 26 Apr 10

Thanks wiz-king. You're a sport.

It works but insists on listing different types of emails in different places. So normal emails are listed first, then 'forwards,' etc. Still it's a great improvement.

Sea Urchin 12:12 26 Apr 10

To save them in date order just click on the heading "Received" - will be listed from newest to oldest. Another click and they will be listed from oldest to newest. If you click on "From" they will be in alphabetical order of sender etc.

BloggsF 06:20 27 Apr 10

Thanks Sea Urchin but see my second post above.

Sea Urchin 10:23 27 Apr 10

"They always save according to what is written in the subject line. I want them to save according to the time and date".

Yes, I read your post above - they will be in order of subject line if you click on the subject line heading. I said "click on the date header" and they will be in date order.

Or are you saying that when you write them to the external hard drive they change into a different order? If so that's a different problem.

Whichever header you click on they will be sorted by that column.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009