How to save all my emails?

freefx 21:03 12 Mar 05

Want to reformat hdd and do a clean install of XP Pro......But i want to save all my emails on a CD prior to re-installation. I am using Outlook 2002. How do i do that?

Please help

dublincity 21:32 12 Mar 05

Highlight each one and 'drag 'n' drop' them onto a 'Word' document ------ each will be copied in a cute, openable envelope ----- or highlight the lot, click on 'Forward', then 'drag 'n' drop' each envelope icon onto the 'Word' ........ this is quicker than opening, copying & pasting if you have many hundreds of e's

Beware of using back-up progs that convert them into .dbx files - they're a nuisance ......

VoG II 21:35 12 Mar 05

click here possibly.

VoG II 21:40 12 Mar 05
  dublincity 11:09 13 Mar 05

....... have a look at this click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:14 13 Mar 05

Outlook backup tool
click here

handful 11:25 13 Mar 05

Good advice from Vog as always but you can get access to the Outlook folder yourself if you want to. First you need to go into Windows Explorer/Tools/Folder Options/View and select 'show hidden files and folders'. You can find your outlook folder now in C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. You can copy this to a CD and when you want to you can import the file using import from the Outlook file menu. This file is automatically updated each time you close Outlook so it should have all of your emails stored safely. I have had to do this loads of times before reformatting but I always copy the file twice just to make sure there is nothing corrupt. (paranoid or what!)

Templar1961 09:45 02 Jun 06

Having followed handful's instructions for copying the Outlook folder (to my SanDisk cruzer flash drive) I am now having problems importing the file from the Outlook file menu. Any help appreciated.

I hope to import address book details and messages in my inbox. Is this possible?

Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…