How to safely remove Starware?

Sirpad 10:21 09 Dec 06

There are a number of sites out there that tell you how to remove this annoying toolbar. I'm not even sure how I got it to be honest. I did install and uninstall IE7 and perhaps it hitchhiked a lift there. It appears that simply using add/remove doesn't quite do the job. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

jimv7 10:26 09 Dec 06
  Sirpad 11:09 09 Dec 06

Thanks jumv7...I was in that site earlier and it said 'we highly recommend you use a good spyware cleaner/remover to track Starware' and below it has a tool to automatically remove it. Is it not recommending it's OWN remover....a little confused. Did you use their remover tool?

jimv7 11:12 09 Dec 06

No not used the tool, I just googled for 'starware removal' and that was 1 result of 106,000.

jimv7 11:16 09 Dec 06

Free A2 scanner from click here

Have you installed windows defender from click here

free spybot from click here

just to name 3 good ones.

Sirpad 03:03 26 Dec 06

Has anyone used Spyhunter? Or is there another way to get rid of Starware. When I ran Spyhunter it found a Trojan called Zlob.Trojan. How can i safely get rid of this? It says it's a dangerous Trojan horse.........

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:02 26 Dec 06

ntivirus program will detect and delete this.
Avast4 click here
AVG antivirus click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:04 26 Dec 06

Zlob.Trojan
click here
Any upto date ANtivirus prog will remove this
Avast4 click here
AVG antivirus click here

Starware
click here

Sirpad 03:07 28 Dec 06

Thanks guys...i now know how get rid of it but I'm still wondering why NOD32 didnt catch it or at least flag it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant