How safe is crap cleaner.

cumbrialad 00:36 01 Aug 05

I used to use crap cleaner and it caused a few problems on my computer. I have recently read that a few bugs in it were sorted out and it's now OK. I would appreciate any comment as to how safe it is and also do you accept all the default settings,i.e.the check boxes which are already checked? Is there anything to be wary of?

Dekka123 00:39 01 Aug 05

I have used it on my system Win XP for some time without probs. I leave the default settings alone and get rid of all it finds

cumbrialad 00:55 01 Aug 05

Thanks for that. I'll give it another go.

Pooke 01:06 01 Aug 05

7 or 8 months no problems!

I'd recommend it to anyone!

cumbrialad 01:17 01 Aug 05

Thank you.

golfpro 08:25 01 Aug 05

I've read in a couple of reviews, to be careful of using the "Issues" section. What does this do??

De Marcus™ 09:24 01 Aug 05

It cleans out the registry, which I'll have to agree with the others on, I've had no problems using it on a weekly basis on three machines for over a year now. (It also creates a backup for you located in 'My Documents').

Carronade 10:52 01 Aug 05

I've been using it for some months now without any problems. However, just a thought, I monitor cookies with 'Cookie Pal' click here (there's a small one-off fee) so I don't let CC delete them.

CurlyWhirly 18:50 01 Aug 05

I have been using CCleaner for nearly a year with NO problems. Excellent utility IMHO

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…