How to rotate AVI

2neat 21:15 12 Dec 06

I have shot an AVI movie on my Canon camera in portrait mode. How on earth can I rotate?
Cheers

Technotiger 21:18 12 Dec 06
  eedcam 22:25 12 Dec 06

Try windows movie maker should be on your pc

baldtaco 09:08 13 Dec 06

Use VirtualDub click here

1] File - Open

2] Select start / end points

3] Video Tab - Select compression

4] Audio Tab - Keep your source audio or go for full processing, allowing the compression for audio

5] Video Tab / Filters / Add filter / Rotate

6] File - Save as AVI

Simple scenario - Output XviD or DivX with MP3 on orientation blah blah.

eedcam 09:31 13 Dec 06

I'm curious baldtaco whats that got to do with rotating?

2neat 11:43 13 Dec 06

Cheers, the first post worked. Only thing to mention was the file was about 17mB before & abot 370mB after rotation!
Will have to look at settings. At least I have it the right way round now!
Thanks again & merry xmas.

Technotiger 11:49 13 Dec 06

Grrreat - Merry Christmas.

Technotiger 11:50 13 Dec 06

PS - don't forget the Green Hic .. I mean Tick!!

2neat 13:44 13 Dec 06

hehe, cheers ;-)

baldtaco 17:35 13 Dec 06

eedcam, hey

“I'm curious baldtaco whats that got to do with rotating?”

Step [5] had to do with the rotating. The “rotate filter” is one of many. All the other stuff concerned what portion of what to rotate, whilst simultaneously offering support for a minimal file size. As you can see from “Only thing to mention was the file was about 17mB before & abot 370mB after rotation!” I'd predicted the opportunity for a failure to preserve file size.

baldtaco 17:35 13 Dec 06

eedcam, hey

“I'm curious baldtaco whats that got to do with rotating?”

Step [5] had to do with the rotating. The “rotate filter” is one of many. All the other stuff concerned what portion of what to rotate, whilst simultaneously offering support for a minimal file size. As you can see from “Only thing to mention was the file was about 17mB before & abot 370mB after rotation!” I'd predicted the opportunity for a failure to preserve file size.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…