How to rip tracks from a 'closed' CD

Luthien 14:20 21 Apr 05

Hi guys,

I know this is not strictly a PC problem but I hope someone can give me an answer. I have a CD that holds about 16 albums worth of songs, complete with pictures of album sleeves and song lyrics. It plays automatically on insertion, but will not allow any access to whatever folders are on it. I would like to rip the tracks from the CD to my PC, but haven't had any success so far. When the CD plays it completely covers the screen with its display, and hitting any key other than the designated keys for navigating through the menu results in a return to the desktop, with the CD ejecting. Anyone of you geniuses out there got any ideas?

Yoda Knight 16:58 21 Apr 05

Try copying the entire cd contents to a folder on your hard drive via windows explorer. Highlight the entire folder, right click, properties and untick any boxes there relating to access rights (read only, archived, etc). You might be able to view the contents then

Smiler 18:46 21 Apr 05

Try turning off auto play on your cd player then insert cd to see if you can then access it in windows explorer

reaths 18:56 21 Apr 05

i had one like this im sure it was F4 key it was definately one of the F keys this gives you access to the desktop but i still couldnt split the albums didnt have right software couldnt be bothered gettin it.someone will know what to use

Smiler 16:51 24 Apr 05

^

billyliv 00:09 25 Apr 05

Hi, Download a program like 'Musicmatch'. you can then rip to designated destinations. Cheers, Bill

DieSse 00:44 25 Apr 05

The Beatles??? If you Ctrl-Alt-Del and close the application down, you should be able to browse the CD - wich is full of WAV files, but not for the individual songs, just for each on the sixteen albums. And even more complex, where songs are duplicated on different albums, they are not duplicated in the wav files - an indexing system in the player sorts them all out.

You can try recording them individuaaly be linking the sound card output into it's input, and then running a recording program to capture them individually. Takes a bit of time tho'.

DieSse 00:48 25 Apr 05

The Beatles??? If you Ctrl-Alt-Del and close the application down, you should be able to browse the CD - wich is full of WAV files, but not for the individual songs, just for each on the sixteen albums. And even more complex, where songs are duplicated on different albums, they are not duplicated in the wav files - an indexing system in the player sorts them all out.

You can try recording them individuaaly be linking the sound card output into it's input, and then running a recording program to capture them individually. Takes a bit of time tho'.

Night Ryder 01:16 25 Apr 05

Adobe "Premier" will do this.

Night Ryder 01:17 25 Apr 05

Sorry, Adobe "Audition" will do this.

Luthien 10:43 25 Apr 05

Once again I'm overwhelmed by the response, guys. I've managed to copy the folders to my HDD, now I'll try a few of your ideas to separate the tracks. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…