How to rid my comp of an embedded dialer

egroeg 10:26 07 Oct 03

Hi People,
I have a problem, McAfee keeps telling me about some malware, a dialer. I have run the scan and deleted all instances, I have run adaware after and deleted all instances. Problem is it keps comng back. The file seems to be in a restore folder, and when I tried to access it permission was denied. I am running WinXP, dialer is an exe file called A0032264.exe.

Thanks in advance for any help.

MichelleC 10:29 07 Oct 03

Boot to safemode and search for dial.exe and delete (there may be a few), reboot.

mark500 10:31 07 Oct 03

click here

Download and run this. It should destroy it.

terminus 10:36 07 Oct 03

an internal one click here

egroeg 13:55 08 Oct 03

hello again ,
I downlaoded and installed Spybot as advised it did not rid me of the troublesome beast :-). The file path gicen is C:\System Volume Information\_restore(bunch of letters and numbers)\RP251\A0032264.exe I have tried searching to manually delete this but access is denied to the restore file. Is there a way to delete restore files ? that may work.
Thanks again

Jester2K II 14:21 08 Oct 03

Its in System Restore. Nothing can touch it there and it can't do any harm.

click here

Jester2K II 14:50 08 Oct 03

just switch SR off, rebbot and then switch it on again.

But you loose all restore points...

graham√ 15:01 08 Oct 03

Back up the registry, then search for 'dialer'. Delete them all and re-boot. Search again, they should all be gone.

Download and instal Cookie Wall click here

Jester2K II 15:13 08 Oct 03

1) its got nothing to do with the registry

2) its got nothing to do with cookies!

pc moron 15:43 08 Oct 03

This might help click here.

graham√ 15:49 08 Oct 03

You may be right, you usually are. My number of question marks keeps going up.

All I know is I got rid of my dialers this way, and none have come back since I have had Cookie Wall.

Can you tell us how dialers get installed?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…