How to retrive data from diskett

mwamba 12:29 25 Mar 05

I have the problem retriving data from my floppy drive ever time i open the file it say the disk is not formated or the file they might be served in other format. but all the work been served in microsoft word format.How could i open the files without loosing my data from the diskett.

VoG II 12:31 25 Mar 05

Try Drive Rescue click here

Yoda Knight 12:31 25 Mar 05

have a look at whats on the disk by double clicking My Computer, then the appropriate drive letter. If it is a word file, it may be from a different version

mwamba 13:38 25 Mar 05

I download the file but when i got the file it says error no23 dvr:0 lba:29 blocks:1 while i was try to open them or save them in different folder

Jaro 13:43 25 Mar 05

its me just let you know im watching. i believe that VoG will help you with it :)

VoG II 13:46 25 Mar 05

" I download the file but when i got the file it says error no23 dvr:0 lba:29 blocks:1 while i was try to open them or save them in different folder"

Sorry, could you explain what you mean in more detail.

mwamba 13:50 25 Mar 05

I download the drive rescue software but when i got the files it says error no23 dvr:0 lba:29 blocks:1 while i was try to open them or save them in different folder"

Yoda Knight 13:55 25 Mar 05

Have u tried a different disk ? If it works you have a faulty disk.
Try ur disk in a different pc - if it works you have a faulty disk drive.
Have you tried my advice above ?

Thanx for the vote of confidence Jaro.... !

VoG II 14:00 25 Mar 05

It sounds as if the files are not recoverable.

click here is another tool that you could try.

mwamba 14:02 25 Mar 05

yes i try my disk in diferent pc but it keep saying the disk is not formated or the data might be in diffrent formart

stylehurst 14:03 25 Mar 05

Try a freeware program called Flop Show.
click here
I use this program often when I receive a dodgy disk it has never let me down yet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…