How to retrieve password fort email

Europa 19:47 28 Mar 05

Hello, I have an Athlon850 and use WinMe. I will be buying a new computer soon but I have got a little problem to move my email accounts to the new computer. For the life of me I cannot remember the passwords I use for each one of my 2 email accounts. Now I make note of them but then I didn't think about it as I was new to computing. Is there something I can do or is there a software that I can use which will allow me to know the passwords I used, that would allow me to reinstate my two accounts in the new computer?
I thank you in advance.

AndySD 19:55 28 Mar 05

Outlook or Outlook Express ar are you loging on to Yahoo or Hotmail etc via a web page?

octal 20:36 28 Mar 05

Most email servers have a forgotten password link on their site.

smokingbeagle 21:13 28 Mar 05

from here
click here

GroupFC 21:55 28 Mar 05

You could try this which I have used in the past with some success click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:57 28 Mar 05

Password recovery
click here

Back up and recover Outlook Express
click here
Search your old computer for files ending .dbx. These are your emails. There should be Inbox.dbx, Outbox.dbx, Drafts.dbx etc. There must also be Folders.dbx, this is the data telling OE how the emails are compressed. Save all these dbx files, then you can either import them into OE on your new computer, or overwrite the files of the same name in the new computer. Look for a file called (name).wab, this is your address book, and a folder called Favorites. Save these and either import or overwrite to transfer them.

Provided you do not set and forget the password on your new computer you will then have acess to all your old e-mails.

Europa 17:47 30 Mar 05

Thank you for your help, it is very much appreciated. I will try your suggestions at the weekend, as I am very busy this week.
Kindest regards.

Europa 19:44 01 Apr 05

I have been using Dialupass V2.43 and Mail Pass View V1.31 and recovered my lost email account passwords. Thank you all for your help.

GroupFC 22:15 01 Apr 05

Glad you were able to get it (seems like I'm on a bit of a roll - thats two people I have been able to help!).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…