How to retreive lost data from hard-drive

Baxi 20:09 12 Sep 03

My hard drive recenly stopped seeing some of the hard drive partitions and the stored data.It now only sees the C-drive.
If the HDD is on its way out, is there a way of recovering the lost data opn the lost partitions, so I can then bin the HDD and restore the data on a new HDD.
I'm sure there are companies that can do this, does anyone know of any or have used them in the past?

Thanks.

Bodi 20:28 12 Sep 03

click here

There were some good suggestions for someone with similar problems.

Bodi

seedie 20:33 12 Sep 03

Partition magic will probably assist with the lost partitions.

Suggest you get a new HD and use existing drive as slave to get data off it.

nickhick 20:36 12 Sep 03

Try this site as I think that you can download some free software that will analyse your problem and solve it for a small charge click here

Nick

xania 20:45 12 Sep 03

What makes you think your HD is dying? It could simply be that your Partition Table has become corrupt. Take a look at FDISk to see what it can see - but DO NOT make any new partitions. Better still, use a good partition manager - Paretition Magic has a faciltity to restore deleted partitions. Could get all your data back free of charge.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…