How to Restore Sticky notes Windows 7

highside 08:29 AM 12 Nov 11

Help please, I had until today two sticky notes full of info which appear on desktop at Start UP. Today they were not there. I can create new notes OK just my open ones are missing. Will I have to stab in the dark with a system restore date or is there some other possible solution? Win 7 64 bit Thanks.

rdave13 08:59 AM 12 Nov 11

Have a look in - drive:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes\StickyNotes.snt see if listed there. If so try refreshing the desktop or loging off and on again.

highside 10:13 AM 12 Nov 11

Thanks for reply SickyNotes.snt present but is a "windows cant open this file" Tried restart and system restore to no avail, notes seem to be lost forever.

highside 10:14 AM 12 Nov 11

PS, Only change recently was to instal Firefox although I am not using it as default.

rdave13 10:50 AM 12 Nov 11

Not sure if this will work now that you've used system restore but find StickyNotes.snt under your name again then right click the file and select 'restore to previous version'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11