How to restore Documents folder in Windows 8

bambooze 12:32 05 Jan 14

Help... I've deleted my Documents folder in Win8. There weren't many files in it, but various programmes have dumped fairly important folders there which now, obviously, can't be accessed. Those folders are currently sitting on my desktop. Unfortunately I can't find a way of restoring the Documents folder to put them back where they were before. Googling tells me the solution should be simple: open Explorer, right click on Libraries and select Restore Libraries option. Unfortunately the Libraries don't appear in my Explorer. I just have This PC, with Desktop, Downloads, Music, Pictures etc underneath. Any ideas? If I go back to a restore point, would that restore the Documents folder?

chub_tor 12:45 05 Jan 14

For a start here is how to bring back libraries in Windows 8 see if that helps and then report back.

bambooze 13:18 05 Jan 14

Thanks Chub_Tor. That works. I should have mentioned the reason why I deleted the Docs folder in the first place. I've been setting up Dropbox and was experimenting with changing the location of the Document folder to Dropbox. The Documents folder is now restored, but it's still obviously acting, effectively, as a Dropbox client. Do you know how I can de-couple them? Sorry for not mentioning before. I thought it was going to be simpler than this.

rdave13 14:24 05 Jan 14

If this is the Documents library we're talking about then right click it and select properties. There you can add or remove associated folders. Check to see if Dropbox is there. Click it and select remove.

bambooze 14:47 06 Jan 14

Thanks - I'll try that and get back to you...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…