how to restore Corrupt 'word' files

SparkyJack 17:31 PM 23 Jun 12

I have been given a memory stick to take a look at that is suffering a corruption problem.

The System is Win XP Pro

I contains in the main folders of jpg. files which are OK and a folder of Word files that appear to have corrupted.

When attempting to open a word file it presents as a series of rows of squares- which I seem to recall can to happen to image files if opening in a non graphic program.. Any though on how to restore theses files to word will be much appreciasted.

onthelimit1 18:03 PM 23 Jun 12

If you right click and then click 'open with', do you get an option to use Word? If so, that should open the file.

onthelimit1 18:03 PM 23 Jun 12

If you right click and then click 'open with', do you get an option to use Word? If so, that should open the file.

lotvic 18:29 PM 23 Jun 12

Do you know which Word program created them? what is the file ext? and which Word program are you using to try to open them?

Can you get any info from Rightclick and Properties?

SparkyJack 20:13 PM 23 Jun 12

thnk you for that---ofcourse---right click properties

The word program will be Office 2000 that I know because the computer is known to me

However it is not my machine , so I will take the stick to its owner and do the checks there

My machine is Ubuntu so anything I might try there may not be the remedy

Till tomorrow then

J

BRYNIT 22:13 PM 23 Jun 12

It could have been corrupted when transferring to the flash drive but hopefully the original will still be on the main computer. Or you could try repair my word CLICK HERE I don't know if it will work but its worth a try.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…