How to reset A Samsung Rv510 laptop to factory settings

julius44 15:07 PM 23 Oct 11

Hello and good afternoon to you all. I have a samsung RV510 laptop, that I purchased from Argos in July, I now wish to sell it, but I would like to reset it to factory settings before I sell it on. Is there ANY way to do this please??

birdface 15:18 PM 23 Oct 11

It would normally be by tapping F10 as the computer starts.

Providing it has a restore to factory settings on it.

On W/7 you can normally tell when you open My Computer.

birdface 17:05 PM 23 Oct 11

Not sure if this has a restore to factory settings on it.

Try My Computer and there should be a drive with about 30gb on it that would be to restore to factory settings.

If it does not have that did you get a repair CD with it or even W/7 CD that you could reformat with.

I know not a lot about Laptops or Notebooks so best waiting for advice from someone that knows what they are talking about.

keef66 17:00 PM 24 Oct 11

We have a samsung R510; I'll have a look when I get home. I'm pretty certain it has the factory reset option, but you may require the original discs that came with it

chub_tor 17:14 PM 24 Oct 11

Does this help? from the write up it seems that there is a Restore Point that is set called Computer Initial Status that would do what you need.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…