How to reset A Samsung Rv510 laptop to factory settings

julius44 15:07 PM 23 Oct 11

Hello and good afternoon to you all. I have a samsung RV510 laptop, that I purchased from Argos in July, I now wish to sell it, but I would like to reset it to factory settings before I sell it on. Is there ANY way to do this please??

birdface 15:18 PM 23 Oct 11

It would normally be by tapping F10 as the computer starts.

Providing it has a restore to factory settings on it.

On W/7 you can normally tell when you open My Computer.

birdface 17:05 PM 23 Oct 11

Not sure if this has a restore to factory settings on it.

Try My Computer and there should be a drive with about 30gb on it that would be to restore to factory settings.

If it does not have that did you get a repair CD with it or even W/7 CD that you could reformat with.

I know not a lot about Laptops or Notebooks so best waiting for advice from someone that knows what they are talking about.

keef66 17:00 PM 24 Oct 11

We have a samsung R510; I'll have a look when I get home. I'm pretty certain it has the factory reset option, but you may require the original discs that came with it

chub_tor 17:14 PM 24 Oct 11

Does this help? from the write up it seems that there is a Restore Point that is set called Computer Initial Status that would do what you need.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch EA Gamescom 2015 Press Conference live: EA Gamescom live stream - watch EA talk Star…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…