how to remove zango

pollpott 14:54 07 Jan 10

I have this program installed in error. Advice from one site was to use add/remove progs. but it doesn't appear there so that's no help. Any ideas?

Technotiger 14:56 07 Jan 10

The free version of this should do it for you click here

During the un-install process you may be asked if you want to re-start your computer, DO NOT re-start at this point, let Revo continue. You will eventually get the option to Select All and to Delete - DO SO. You may be given the same options a second time, again DO SO, do not be picky, just accept all that Revo chooses.
After clicking on Finish, re-start your computer.

Technotiger 14:57 07 Jan 10

PS - if the program does not show up in the list of Programs (give it a little while to complete), you should then try the Search option in Revo.

Sea Urchin 15:08 07 Jan 10

Zango is spyware - which includes its own installer, so when you remove it with Add/Remove or Revo it will return. Malwarebytes should remove it - download, update and run it (free version) and remove all it finds.

click here

pollpott 15:16 07 Jan 10

I have done as you suggested but revo doesn't come up with it. Any other suggestions? It appears when I run Spybot but it cant remove it. I have tried returning to a restore point prior to the date spybot shows it appeared but that didn't work.

Technotiger 15:22 07 Jan 10

As per Sea Urchin - try again with Malwarebytes and also SuperAntiSpyware, update these two after downloading and then run both scans.

pollpott 16:22 07 Jan 10

Thanks very much for the help, malwarebytes found and removed several items involving "shopping" sites but didnt mention zango. However when I ran spybot again I saw it check out something like zango/shopping and nothing came up so I'm hoping that's it.Is malwarebytes a better bet than spybot or is it a good idea to run both.

Sea Urchin 16:26 07 Jan 10

It's not a bad idea to run another quick scan with Malwarebytes to check that it comes up clear.

Yes, run both Malwarebytes and Spybot - they both find different things.

pollpott 16:39 07 Jan 10

Thanks again, much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…