how to remove win32ramit

rammyboy 22:00 27 Oct 11

just got this on my PC (running XP). My MS essentials started detecting lots of these. Spent ages scouring help pages about how to get rid of it. Found secret squirrel's advice on here responding to rachel's post. I have followed secret sq advice doing system restore (had same problem as rachel - would'nt do it in safe mode so I did in in normal mode) will post my results as I may need more help. Thanks for clear 'tech free' advice and instruction

rammyboy

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:13 27 Oct 11

Spywaredoctor will remove it

However it hides in the system restore files so you also need to switch off system restore before running spyware doctor.

rammyboy 22:20 27 Oct 11

Hi Fruit bat,

the system restore idea didn't work. MS Esentials red and detecting immediatly after I had done the System Restore.

Is SW Doctor free? I think I had it a few yrs ago on my laptop but it cost £25 to download.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:31 27 Oct 11

I didn't say do a restore

I said switch restore OFF

this deletes the restore files where the trojan is hiding

then run your Antispy and antimalware

once they clear the system reboot the machine

run your Av and As scans again to ckeck all is clear

then switch restore back ON.

Try malwarebytes

rammyboy 22:32 27 Oct 11

So, anybody out there with other suggestions about how to get rid of this Win32/Ramnit.AE virus?

rb

rammyboy 22:37 27 Oct 11

Sorry Fruit bat - crossed wires. Can you talk me through the steps of turning off system restore then doing the other things you mentioned. I'm not very computer savvy I'm afraid. Cheers for any help

rb

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:25 27 Oct 11

Steps to turn off System Restore

1. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
  2. In the System Properties dialog box, click the System Restore tab.
  3. Click to select the Turn off System Restore check box. Or, click to select the Turn off System Restore on all drives check box.
  4. Click OK.
  5. When you receive the following message, click Yes to confirm that you want to turn off System Restore: You have chosen to turn off System Restore. If you continue, all existing restore points will be deleted, and you will not be able to track or undo changes to your computer.

Do you want to turn off System Restore? After a few moments, the System Properties dialog box closes.

Download malwarebytes by clicking on the link "malwarebytes" (in blue) in my last post.

Install malwarebytes let it update and run it then run MSE let both programs clean out any infected files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5