how to remove recently typed urls?

adenuff 18:07 18 Mar 05

Hi
How can I remove web addresses recently typed in the address bar? I have run evidence eliminator and ccleaner, which usually clears them, but neither of them are doing it now for some reason!
Adenuff

VoG II 18:40 18 Mar 05

CleanUp! click here

esbe 22:05 18 Mar 05

Try deleting your history - that sometimes works. or try IE Privacy Keeper 2.3 free from here

click here

cheers.

dogbreath1 22:08 18 Mar 05

MRU Blaster is ok. click here

t.long 23:34 18 Mar 05

With XP right click the task bar > 'Customise' > 'Clear'. This will also delete the most recently activated document list.

adenuff 00:22 19 Mar 05

Hmmm well I have downloaded and run all those progs you have kindly suggested, but all the addresses are still there! I thought it was strange that EE and Ccleaner didnt get rid of them as well. The "history" tab is greyed out in internet options too, any more ideas please?

bertiecharlie 00:31 19 Mar 05

Disk Cleaner click here IE Privacy Keeper click here although, as you say, the other programmes should have cleared the addresses.

bertiecharlie 00:33 19 Mar 05

Apologies, esbe has already suggested IE Privacy Keeper.

adenuff 00:34 19 Mar 05

Thank you for that, have just run IE Privacy Keeper, and all the others suggested, but to no avail, what can be stopping them from being removed?

bertiecharlie 00:42 19 Mar 05

Did you try Disk Cleaner from the above link. (This isn't a reference to the windows disk cleaner).

adenuff 00:47 19 Mar 05

ok, just run Disk Cleaner and nope theyre all still there!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…