How to remove a program that has no uninstaller?

javaBalls 08:47 24 Oct 05

I installed a program onto my PC but I cannot uninstal it.

It does not show up in Add/Remove Programs.

Does anyone know the best way to remove it?

P.S I'm a bit annoyed that a program that I downloaded from download.com cannot be uninstalled without third party software.

€dstowe 09:02 24 Oct 05

Can you do a System Restore to a time before you installed the program?

I ALWAYS make a full backup and a System Restore before I install any new software, including Windows updates, in case something disastrous happens (or something like you are experiencing).

€dstowe 09:03 24 Oct 05

Can you do a System Restore to a time before you installed the program?

I ALWAYS make a full backup and a System Restore before I install any new software, including Windows updates, in case something disastrous happens (or something like you are experiencing).

€dstowe 09:04 24 Oct 05

Sorry about the stereo reply - getting error messages.

Taff36 09:05 24 Oct 05

What was the program? Can you provide a link to it. Very rare not to have an uninstaller these days but I seem to remember that some programs don`t actually need them because they run in their own space without affecting the registry. You simply delete the folder - someone more knowledgable than me may enlighten us!

Taff36 09:06 24 Oct 05

Me Too!

rawprawn 09:08 24 Oct 05

Unless someone comes up with a better answer, you could first do a search for it in windows and delete anything it finds( Start/Search). Then Start/Run/type regedit/click on Edit/ Click on Find/type the name or what the software is and click Find Next. Delete anything it finds and DO NOT touch anything else Then click Find Next again and do the same. Continue until it finds no more. BEFORE DOING ANYTHING Back up the registry (Run/regedit/File/Export and choose your destination file.)

dan11 09:19 24 Oct 05

If you have XP and have the pro version. Then you will find you have a hidden set of tools. click here. These will be on the support/tools section of the disk. You will find many tools on this.

If you just use the XP home version. You can download the programme, the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility, from click here

Doire_Bhoy 09:50 24 Oct 05

go into HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Uninstall

Check to see if the program is in there and delete it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…