How to remove a program?

Stowit 09:52 12 Apr 04

I'll not repeat all my problem suffice to say I want to remove a program listed in add remove programs, but when I try & remove it I get the message........... Unable to locate installation log file C:\Program Files........bla bla. Uninstallation will not continue. How do I delete this bloody thing?

billyliv 10:11 12 Apr 04

Hi, I think the message refers to the fact that the program has already been uninstalled. A registry whizz will put you right. Cheers, Bill

VoG II 10:13 12 Apr 04

Navigate to C:\Program Files........bla bla and look for a file called uninstall or unwise and run it.

Stuartli 12:29 12 Apr 04

Have you checked if the program had its own uninstall facility?

Check in Start>Programs to see if it is still listed - if not then it will have been uninstalled.

But never just use Delete to unintall a program as it can lead to all manner of problems.

Stowit 13:48 12 Apr 04

Its a tale, it's listed in A/R programs but bits are missing. I've searched the PC & deleted what I can. I'll try reinstalling now & 'removing' again if it's still wonky.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:51 12 Apr 04

You could try putting the cd in and then removeing may work.

Regards.

Stowit 16:04 12 Apr 04

Tried that 'Nick' At the moment I've tried various ininstall type activities to no avail. It finds new hardware installs it, but insists there is a problem - driver not installed. I believe I'm trapped in Stuartli s' 'all manner of problems'.
Clever things puters, I know there's a problem too, but can go one better. I know there's a solution! I just don't know what yet!

anon1 18:06 12 Apr 04

which version of windows?

woodchip 18:16 12 Apr 04

I have given this many times and it's as good as any you will get. Make an exact written note of the program in Add Remove, Where I have put XXXXX you need to insert the info above.

To remove follow these step's closely, go to start\find\files or folders type in the box XXXXX click enter key delete all the entry's it finds with XXXXX in it. Next go to start run type regedit and press enter, go to menu under edit click find in the box type XXXXX and press enter it will bring up only one entry at a time, press delete key then click ok to confirm to go to next entry press F3 and delete do this until you get to the end of the registry. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE IN THE REGISTRY other than XXXXX then reboot your computer

it's easy to do if you print and follow as on instructions

anon1 19:10 12 Apr 04
  sattman 20:11 12 Apr 04

The main problem with manual delete is created by the concept of dll files where the software routine of the dll is shared by more than one programme.

We have all at some time seen this come up removing programmes and of being advised to allow a file to remain in use.

Manual delete but make sure your restore works and better still have a drive image

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…