How to remove password

Dobba 18:01 11 Jan 10

Hi,
My wife is using XP with SP2 using sky.com and I have just sorted out a problem for her with the help of some superb forum members. I am hoping that someone can help me with this.
Whilst fixing a problem with pop and SMTP, I think that I inadvertently inserted a password in pop.tools.sky.com. Later I deleted this but today, when trying to email some photo attachments using Outlook Express, a warning notice headed Logon. pop.tools.sky.com asked me for a password. I have tried entering all the passwords we use and none of them work.When I went into pop.tools.sky.com (Properties) the space for the password is blank.
Can anyone explain what is going wrong and how I delete the (non-existent) password?
Thanks.

mfletch 18:43 11 Jan 10

Download this,

SIW/ {the stand alone version}

click here

Run it then click on Secrets in the left column

Does it tel you your pass word,

Strawballs 22:13 11 Jan 10

Phone sky answer their security questions and get them to reset for you.

Dobba 11:27 12 Jan 10

Hi Mfletch,
I downloaded the prog as you suggested, but it won't open on my computer, for some reason. Thanks for your efforts, though.

Ventad 11:38 12 Jan 10

Try going into 'downloads' and double click on SIW if that does not work open the folder up and look for the exe file or simular and double click that

Dobba 11:46 12 Jan 10

Done that, ventad, but all I get is a blank screen with three lines of text at the top. Might be something to do with my anti virus (Kaspersky) as it flashes me a warning notice.Thanks for your message, though.

Ventad 12:49 12 Jan 10

Sorry been out, try coming off line shutting down Kaspersky and doing it again. dont forget to start Kasp. before coming on line again

Ventad 12:53 12 Jan 10

You could also right click SIW in downloads and click create shortcut as well and sart it from there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…