How Remove ParetoLogic DriverCure?

Legslip 11:03 21 Feb 10

Can anyone advise how to completely remove traces of this from a PC. There is nothing in Add/Remove Progs and I deleted a ParetoLogic folder in Proramme Files. I still get a reminder window about the product on startup though. Presume something buried in the registry?

MAJ 11:12 21 Feb 10

Have you checked msconfig > startup?

Legslip 11:14 21 Feb 10

Thanks for the thought Maj and it is a good one that I havn't checked yet but if I find and uncheck it, doesn't that mean that there are files left still lurking in the registry?

MAJ 11:14 21 Feb 10

Also try running CCleaner > Registry option. click here

MAJ 11:22 21 Feb 10

There'll always be orphaned files left in the registry, unless you reinstall Windows, Legslip. Even using all the registry cleaners around wont get rid of them all, most of the time all they'll do is take up a little space, so don't worry about them. Just get rid of the popup you mentioned.

Legslip 11:23 21 Feb 10

Thanks again Maj. What I am currently doing is running AVG Antivirus, then I will run Malewarebytes and after that, CCleaner, all with my broadband disconnected from the PC. Then I'll run 'em all again with the Bband connected as that seems to be when the problem starts again.

MAJ 11:56 21 Feb 10

You could also check these registry keys, manually, Legslip:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run

Legslip 13:23 21 Feb 10

Cheers Maj. Not a Reg Xpert. Know where to go but but am I looking at and what do I do when I get there? i.e.HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce Under Name I Have: Default Type: REG_SZ and Data: Value Not Set.

MAJ 13:37 21 Feb 10

That key is clear, nothing in there, Legslip. Check the other two I posted, if there's anything in there we go to the next step, if there isn't then just close the registry editor.

Legslip 13:49 21 Feb 10

Thanks Maj. Before I got your last post I found this in one of my old queries. I replaced the printer name with Paretologic and think it may have done the trick as it found files/folders in the Reg and I have deleted. May have done the trick? Have run PC without Bband and all scans (AVG, Mwarebytes, CCleaner) show OK. Hae reconnected Bband and AVG shows clear and am currently running Mwarebytes.

Legslip 13:50 21 Feb 10

Oooops forgot this!!!!

If you go to Start Search fill the box with printer name press enter Delete what it finds, Then to Do full Clean Go to Start Run Type in the Run Box Regedit Do not worry just follow what I say no more no less. in Regedit Click on the My Computer Icon top Left Column, ten go to Edit in the Menu, You will See the Find box type the Printer name in the box press enter delete what it finds if its the printer make name, then press F3 to go to next repeat the above by deleting F3 until you get to the End.got this:-

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…