How remove Norton on new PC

aca 09:47 07 Nov 05

Cant see in Add/Remove programmes and no obvious uninstall. Want to remove the Internet Security and the Antivirus (both 2004).

Both on limited FOC offer. Want to change to a freebie (Avast)

PaulB2005 09:48 07 Nov 05
  Taff™ 16:36 07 Nov 05

I`ve had some experience of this too. I suggest you install the trial version and then remove it from Add/Remove immediately after rebooting the computer. The trial version is on a hidden partition which is why it isn`t in Add/Remove at the moment. You may not need the link given by PaulB2005. Avast is a good choice.

aca 22:17 07 Nov 05

thanks PaulB/Taff

agree with Avast used for sometime on my pc and on the patop with Norton which is quite low spec I felt that Avast would be less resource hungry than Norton, also less clunky.

ade.h 23:14 07 Nov 05

If you are concerned about resource usage, it may be worth paying a modest sum for NOD32. Probably the best AV going and lower resource use that anything else, Avast included (which is not quite as low-resource as one might think).

007al 23:19 07 Nov 05

norton wont uninstall completely.you`ll need to do a search for norton and delete anything found yourself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…