How to remove new page on Firefox

birdface 10:44 11 May 07

Hi,Fairly new to Firefox,When looking at a click here or new page ,when finished I Would normally click File and Exit,When I do this Firefox shuts down even though I just want to shut down the one page,At the moment I have to go to the red cross top right hand side and delete the page from there,I forget sometimes and loose what I was looking at,Is there a way to close the page from file, exit,Or is this just the way that Firefox does it.

sean-278262 10:47 11 May 07

ctrl + w on the keyboard or click the red x in the tab on the top of the window below the forward and back buttons.

Shortstop 11:02 11 May 07

Or you could go to Tools>Options>Tabs & put tick in 'Warn when closing Multiple Tabs'. Firefox will then warn you that you are closing it down with multiple tabs open and asking if that is what you want. You can then take action as necessary.

HTH

Paul

birdface 12:29 11 May 07

Ok,Thought you could work it the same as I/E Will just use the red X it will be quickest.Thanks for the quick response.

Stuartli 12:30 11 May 07

Apart from Shortstop's explanation about the Closing Multiple Tabs warning, you can also use each tab's red cross to close down that particular tab.

In addition, if you right click on an empty area of the tabs bar (if two or more are open) you can open a blank new tab.

By the way, you don't need to close down Firefox at all if you wish when shutting down.

After rebooting, a panel appears asking if you wish to Resume the previous session - you can do so or start afresh.

birdface 13:10 11 May 07

Ok,Thanks for that,Just used to using IE7,Will get used to Firefox eventually.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac