How to remove Netmop

Ebonytiger 20:36 22 Aug 07

Some time ago my husband installed Netmop - or Filterpak for Windows on his computer but it is very irritating and even blocks completely harmless web sites until the internet becomes impossible to use. When we try to remove it through 'add & remove programs' a message comes up to phone America to get a special code. Does anyone know of another less costly way of removing this?

skidzy 22:29 23 Aug 07

Had a quick look around and it looks like you need to disable the filter first,but i believe your going to need the password when you very first set this up.

In IE,Tools / Internet Options / Content / and disable Netmop or its filters.

As above it looks difficult to remove.

Have you tried removing this from safemode,tapping f8 on startup.

I have no experience of this software,but also consider stopping it from starting up.

Start / run / and type MSCONFIG and enter / select startup,untick anything related to Netmop and then try to remove this from add and remove programs.

Also check its services,if any.
Start / run / and type SERVICES.MSC and enter,disable any related services to Netmop.

Ebonytiger 19:55 26 Aug 07

Thanks for replies - had to resort to phoning America for a special number to access removal - I've warned him against installing anything else without my approval!

Befana 17:20 02 Dec 07

My PC is worthless now - and all I wanted to do was keep the kids off MySpace. I deleted the program from the explorer tree and now can't access anything on any browser. I can't reformat my drive because my CD Rom doesn't work - so the PC is absolutely worthless. Netmop is overkill - don't risk it.

skidzy 18:07 02 Dec 07

Please start your own thread and we will try to help.

The answer is above,however if you wish to format the drive,remove the drive and place in a caddy or use a usb adptor cable and format in another computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…