How to remove links in favorites IE6

mik61ish 23:20 24 Jan 05

I keep getting links folders in IE6 Favorites, I have tried renaming and deleting, but they still come back. When you reboot. So how do you delete these unwanted link folders, they seem to apear out of no where

VoG II 23:44 24 Jan 05

Sorry but I don't understand. Perhaps if you could give an example...

Also, which versions of Internet Explorer and Windows?

ACOLYTE 23:45 24 Jan 05

Maybe deleting them direct from the favorites folder in your user accout?.

mik61ish 00:40 25 Jan 05

VoG

When you have IE6 open in XP you press favorites then the drop down list appears, you have all your favorites saved then you have links folder which is empty, I have tried deleting, online and ofline and as soon as you reboot they appear again!!

Must be something internet explorer tools? I have looked but can't find anything.

Cheers Mike

THE TERMINATOR 00:56 25 Jan 05

I have experienced this too, although I think it appears after sites that my wife has visited. I must admit, I just deleted the links folder, but low and behold there it was again, but now someone else is experiencing it too I will endevour to find out. Watch this space....TT

ACOLYTE 00:57 25 Jan 05

I only have the one links folder that was installed with windows and i put the favs i use most in it.

crx1600 00:58 25 Jan 05

click here and scroll down to 'Removing the Links Folder'.

THE TERMINATOR 01:05 25 Jan 05

I think then, windows must put it there by default maybe....TT

THE TERMINATOR 01:21 25 Jan 05

This doesn't apply to XP, it isn't there in TweakUI....TT

crx1600 01:24 25 Jan 05

THE TERMINATOR, it also gives manual and auto reg fixes, as well as info on how to hide the folder by the file attributes option?

ACOLYTE 01:26 25 Jan 05

Maybe this may help?

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…