How to remove icon from desktop.

Meshuga 06:22 14 Jun 03

An icon has appeared on my desktop which,when
opened, is of vulgar material. I have removed
details from add/remove box and sent the icon to the recycle bin and emptied the recycle bin but
the icon comes back when I restart the pc.
How can I get rid of the icon permanently please
because I would not want anybody to access this material. Meshuga.

Gongoozler 06:44 14 Jun 03

Hi Meshuga. You will probably be able to remove the icon by running AdAware which you can download free from click here.

Valvegrid 06:48 14 Jun 03

Sounds like you may have some spyware download and run this program.

click here

You can right mouse click on the icon and look in properties to see where the file is the icon is refering to.

Valvegrid 06:48 14 Jun 03

Snap, I'll have to type faster.

Meshuga 07:20 14 Jun 03

Thanks to all who responded. This problem
occurred whe I downloaded a program in error
and then removed but the icon remained. would
AdAware work in this circumstance. Will try it anyway. Meshuga.

Gongoozler 07:41 14 Jun 03

Meshuga, if AdAware knows about it, it will remove it. When you have downloaded and installed AdAware 6, click on "Check for updates now" to download the latest reference file. when you start Adaware, be prepared for a long scan, version 6 is very thorough. Don't worry if it appears to stall on certain folders, this is normal. Go away and make a cup of tea or something and when you get back you will be surprised at how much spyware it will have discovered. Click "Next", then you will find a long list of all the spyware. Put a tick in the boxes of all the spyware you want to remove and click "Next" again, and they will all be removed. Your problem will almost certainly show up as a registry entry.

Meshuga 07:56 14 Jun 03

Many thanks Gongoozler, will give it a try.
Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…