how to remove hackarmy trojan.

grabster 19:50 25 Jun 04

Jeepers, the daughter was using kazaa and now my system is innundated with trojans,AVG keeps alerting me to various trojans,hackarmy,trojandownloader-several varities, when i scan with avg it finds nothing amiss,regcleaner keeps showing "xpsystem" in startup which cannot be deleted,apparantly wmplayer is infected.
system restore is turned off .
i uninstalled avg and installed a trial of panda av but its in french/spanish and i aint sure what its doing.
anyone any ideas ?

VoG II 19:54 25 Jun 04

First KazaaBegone click here

Then try these trojan removers click here click here click here

VoG II 19:57 25 Jun 04

click here for xpsystem removal.

Also scan with Ad-aware click here and Spybot click here - update each of these, scan and delete everything they find.

grabster 20:45 25 Jun 04

thanks for the links,the instructions for xpsystem removal are a bit daunting ,is there an automated way of doing it instead ? got rid of the mediaplayer fingy ok though,crikey this is a pain in the butt,never had a virus attack like this before.
loads of the suckers keep popping up all over the place and avg hasnt got a clue.

VoG II 20:52 25 Jun 04

Try CWShredder click here for xpsystem removal.

stalion 21:46 25 Jun 04

recently had similar prolem used this click here

grabster 10:32 26 Jun 04

Thanks for the help everyone,i tried everything suggested (except the tinkering with the registry bit) and bazooka is now reporting all clear.
regcleaner shows nothing amiss either.
i think maybe it was Panda av which actually caught the sucker but the alert boxes are not in english,i downloaded the english trial but but the programme is about 90% french.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced