How to remove corrupted Software?

I want to remove a prog but trying the add/remove feature in control panel and in the prog. panel produces this message:
The file is not valid or has been corrupted
How can I delete it completely?

rawprawn 13:31 10 Jun 04

Reinstall the program, and then uninstall it with it's own uninstall if possible, if not use add or remove.

SANTOS7 13:35 10 Jun 04

have you scanned the programme for spyware/malware or trojans it may well be some thing like that that is stopping your uninstall, what is the name of the programme and what O/S are you useing

It is Rugrats Print shop and I'm on XP.

SANTOS7 14:52 10 Jun 04

click here# have found this which tells you all but how to uninstall, i would go with rawpraws theory that it has its own unistaller built in

It does have its own uninstaller built in but as I said that gives the same error message. I tried to reinstall but get a message saying it is already on there and if I continue it could cause probs trying to uninstall later !!

SANTOS7 16:35 10 Jun 04

have found a similar issue that suggests you delete the uninst. file from the programmes files, re-install programme and uninstall useing add?remove

rawprawn 16:37 10 Jun 04

Try deleting it from the registry. Backup the registry before you start in case of any mistakes. Go to Start/Run/ type regedit hit OK make sure My Computer is highlighted, click on Edit, click Find, type the name of the program Rugrat. click find next delete any it finds, click find next again & delete, continue until it finds no more. Do not touch anything else in the registry.

rawprawn 16:38 10 Jun 04

Follow SANTOS7 advice first use the registry as a last resort.

alan227 16:58 10 Jun 04

If you have to use the registry,which is normally a last resort, first back it up.
In the run box type regedit and click OK, next click H.KEY_Local_ MACHINE / Software / Microsoft / Windows / Current version / Uninstall.;
Your program should be listed their and can be deleted by right clicking the program and left clicking delete from the dropdown box.

Following Santos's advice do I literally "delete" the uninstall file by highlighting then clicking on delete?
Alernatively will try Alan's advice nervously!! How do I back up Registry first?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…