how to remove a boot option ?

stephen0205 14:48 12 Dec 07

Hi there i recently bought a laptop, it had no operating system so i tried to install windows xp pro, and when it asked for the key i coldnt find my book with the coa on it. So i bought a windows xp media center disk, installed fine but now when i boot i get 2 options, xp media center and xp pro. I went into the boot.ini and clicked check boot paths. It says all is fine, and when i select xp pro at boot it goes into the set up. How can i remove this auction.

xania 14:56 12 Dec 07

The specific line in boot.ini has to be deleted - or just 'rem' it out - this shold stop the options. Alternatively, set the default and then reduce the time delay to about 2 seconds. It won't get rid of the problem, but it will minimose the delay.

Eric10 16:50 12 Dec 07

Right-click My Computer and choose Properties. Click the Advanced tab and in the Startup and Recovery section click the Settings button. Make sure that XP Media Center is listed as the "Default operating system" or select it from the drop down box if not. Remove the tick from "Time to display list of operating systems" then click OK. At the next bootup the menu will not appear.

woodchip 16:53 12 Dec 07

Start from Scratch and delete Partition then repartition and load Media Center

stephen0205 18:15 12 Dec 07

thanks eric10 it worked and all is gd now, thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…