How to remove all traces of acrobat reader

holligan 22:40 13 Jan 04

i downloaded the last 2 versions and it says acro 32 missing i can see that when i type it in run.

ive tried to deletle it all and start again but no luck

when i open a acrobat file it says 32 missing

how do i get rid for good and start again

cheere windows 98se

Forum Editor 22:43 13 Jan 04

"I've tried to delete it all" do you mean that you tried deleting the files from the program folder?

Doing so will cause problems - you should always uninstal a program using its own routine, or use the Windows 'Add/remove programs' facility in Control panel. See if you can still do that now.

woodchip 22:46 13 Jan 04

If you do not have any other Adobe Programs.

To remove follow these step's closely, go to start\find\files or folders type in the box Adobe click enter key delete all the entry's it finds with Adobe in it. Next go to start run type regedit and press enter, go to menu under edit click find in the box type Adobe and press enter it will bring up only one entry at a time, press delete key then click ok to confirm to go to next entry press F3 and delete do this until you get to the end of the registry. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE IN THE REGISTRY other than Adobe then reboot your computer

You could also try the Acrobat name as well as Adobe

but shut regedit between each clear out

VoG II 22:46 13 Jan 04

"when i type it in run. "

Usually when you install Adobe Reader (as it is now called) it will place an icon on your desktop. Does it run when you double-click the icon?

holligan 23:10 13 Jan 04

up in run no more

in find files there is 13 acro and 17 adobe things gifs and pdf i dont no what they are

when i try to open it says 32 missing

but its in c drive when the little menu comes up

can i delete it all and start again

i did what fe said deleted from windows

its not in settings add remove no more

cheers

hugh-265156 23:21 13 Jan 04

first off,delete the adobe folder left in program files if its still there.

next click start/run type "regedit"

click "my computer" then "file export" and save a copy somewhere.

next click "edit/find" type in "adobe" and click "find next"

anything found will be highlighted,right click the highlighted entry and delete it.

next tap F3 and the search will continue,keep going as above untill it tells you that its finished searching through the registry.

do another search but this time for "acrobat" or "acrobat reader"

when finished restart the computer and re install acrobat reader.

if you dont fancy doing the above manually then try jv16 powertools click here or regseeker click here

holligan 23:25 13 Jan 04

you sorted my mate out last night haha he was well impressed (mewshu) i will do that lot cheers

hugh-265156 23:30 13 Jan 04

yeah i got a very nice thank you email from him :-)still not sure what it was i helped with though??

glad to be of help,hope it works.

holligan 23:36 13 Jan 04

its his first week on comp ! ps you may be needed again haha

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…