How to remove Ad by Cloudscout

exdragon 17:22 25 Apr 15
Answered

Oh boy, am I in the doghouse! My other half helpfully downloaded a manual for a photographic accessory I was thinking of buying (he downloaded it onto his laptop).

He's since been besieged with such things as MyBestOffers, LuckySearches and this blasted Cloudscout thing. I've worked my way through the majority of Google answers, but to no avail. I think I've got rid of the first two, but not the third.

There's no mention of it in Add ons, it isn't in Control Panel/Uninstall or Revo, he's run AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes, CCleaner and the Avast! scan - the full versions.

Does anyone have any idea of what we can do next, please? Before I'm consigned to the spare room, that is.

john bunyan 17:44 25 Apr 15

Read this;

Cloudscout removal

Looks as if you have tried most things. Try a "System restore" to before the download. I have not used Hitman Pro but it is said to be good. Surprised ADWCleaner did not find it. Spare rooms can be a nice break, sometimes!

rdave13 17:47 25 Apr 15

Try running malwarebytes in safe mode. Is AdwCleaner the latest version?

bumpkin 18:06 25 Apr 15

Hardly your fault, he should have been more careful not to download crap with it. As rdave Adw latest version.

exdragon 18:10 25 Apr 15

Tried cloudscout removal. Haven't tried running anything in safe mode, adw is the latest version and I did suggest system restore but he's a chap so ignored me! However I think he must still love me as he's just been out in the rain to get my favourite crisps to go with my glass of wine.

bumpkin 18:48 25 Apr 15

System Restore is probably the easiest solution when it works, enjoy the wine and crisps:-)

exdragon 08:10 26 Apr 15

System restore didn't work, now having a go with MSE.

john bunyan 09:38 26 Apr 15

MSE is not regarded as a very effective anti virus. I have no brief for this link - found via Google, but it may be worth a try. I would create a restore point (in case of additional problems), then try the suggestions. Once it has gone, don't forget to create a new restore point and remove the "infected" ones.

Another CloudScout remover

exdragon 09:50 26 Apr 15

Thank you, the first two appear to be paid for and we've tried the third one. We'll keep on looking.

I wouldn't have minded if he was downloading software and just clicking everything without checking, but he's very savvy about these things and as I said, it was just a manual he was downloading.

john bunyan 11:11 26 Apr 15

I have found BleepingComputer helpful. Their ADWCleaner download is the one I use. They have a useful article on your issue here:

Bleeping Computer

And a free RKill download here:

Rkill

If you are using Chrome, see the bottom bit of their article.

exdragon 14:49 26 Apr 15
Answer

Sorted! After a go with MSE, which found several baddies associated with yesterday's download and AdwCleaner in safe mode, we appear to be back on track.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…