How to remap my keyboard? UK keyboard

Lukeross77 16:08 18 May 15

Hi, Im trying to use veracrypt to encrypt my whole system when I start up my computer. The problem is, when I try to enter my password on my keyboard, I cannot press enter as my enter key does not work. Is there any way I can remap my uk keyboard so I can swap my enter key with a different one? I tried a couple of programs (i.e. sharpkeys) but it didn't work for some reason.

Ian in Northampton 18:33 18 May 15

Normally, there would be some sort of icon on the screen that you click on as an alternative to using the enter key. Is there no such icon? But: for a very few pounds, why wouldn't you consider buying another keyboard? Or are we talking about a laptop here?

bumpkin 18:57 18 May 15

I would suggest that you replace the keyboard if the enter key does not work.

Ian in Northampton 19:03 18 May 15

In fact, in my experience, it's unusual that a single key stops working on a keyboard. Normally, they go in groups. Have you tried taking the key cap off and removing the crumb of toast/piece of peanut from underneath it? :-)

Lukeross77 19:14 18 May 15

Its a laptop

bumpkin 19:18 18 May 15

Ian, pistachios or cashews taste better and cause less keyboard problems I suggest you out the peanuts.

Ian in Northampton 19:21 18 May 15

bumpkin: good advice. Lukeross77: you can also prize off the top of the key on a laptop. That may be worth trying. If there isn't the icon I mentioned above, can you not borrow e.g. a USB keyboard to do what you want?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5