how to reinstall XP Pro on formatted hard disk

mozilla 21:27 26 Jan 05

Hi there,

I have had to format my hard disk to do a complete re-install of XP Pro, the problem was a logoff-logon loop which could not be fixed other than to wipe the hard drive and start again, but when trying to instal i get the following error:

NTLDR is missing

I am trying to boot using the XP Pro CD, and the BIOS is set to boot from CD-ROM. I am not sure how to solve this problem, can anyone please help?

Thank you

Djohn 21:36 26 Jan 05

click here Look to the menu on the left side and you will see the guide for XP home but its the same as Pro.

Excellent guide with graphics from Powerless.

mozilla 21:55 26 Jan 05

thank you Djohn! However i still can't progress further without solving this NTLDR issue, i've tried to google the error but haven't succeeded in finding a solution. i dont know whether NTLDR is a hard disk error or a software error, how can i solve this?

Djohn 22:01 26 Jan 05

I think this Microsoft knowledge base article may have the answer. click here Have a read and post back please to let us know if it applies and how you get on.

Completealias 22:35 26 Jan 05

Check in the BIOS to see if you HD is autodetected if it isn't then make it so.You could try using killdisk found at click here its free and goes on a bootable floppy. This i'll wipe any partion info on the drive then use FDISK to recreate the partion and format it.

Then try installing

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…