how to reduce size of videos by email

bowl 22:58 30 May 05

Hi can anyone tell me if you can shrink the file size of videos from digital cameras to send them by email. Have just sent 2 and they have been returned as to big for the recipients ISP thanks in advance

VoG II 23:01 30 May 05

You can try click here but it depends whether they were in a compressed format to start with.

User-312386 23:11 30 May 05

could you kindly advise us of the "video" size (in MB's please)

bowl 23:49 30 May 05

Hi madboy33©®
the size of the files are

lester1 00:27 31 May 05

Convert them to AVI files?

bowl 00:36 31 May 05

lester how do you Convert them to AVI files? Sorry for my ignorance

User-312386 00:38 31 May 05

What you need to do is split the file and make a "self extracting file", as the recipient may not have winrar. download winrar click here

Install the programme

Now start the programme when opened click on WIZARD, now select "Create" a new archive" Click next and a box will open up. Select the file you wish to split and then OK. Now give the file a name and click the Browse button and select where you want to save the split files. Click next again and check the box that sais "Create self extracting(.exe) Archive. Underneath there is writing that sais "if you wish to split the archive to several parts, enter the size of a single part,in bytes, in the field below"

Underneath that there is a dropdown box, click on that and enter say 4,000,000 (which is approximately 4MB, in fact it is 3.81mb)

Now click next and the files will start being made. You can split them to what size you like then.

Hope this helps

bowl 22:50 01 Jun 05

Thanks madboy33©® I have downloaded this prog. I will have a try tomorrow and see how it goes so I will leave it unticked at the moment

anchor 08:43 02 Jun 05

Another better alternative is to use "YouSendIt"

click here

However, you could also use Windows Movie Maker to reduce the size, as described by crx1600.

click here

bowl 21:58 02 Jun 05

Thanks again anchor will have to wait till the weekend now no time

bowl 23:18 18 Jun 05

Thanks madboy33©®

Winrar seems to have done the trick sorry it has taken a long time to reply but have been busy will tick as resolved now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…