How to recover data from a cd............hurry !!

allang 09:05 17 Feb 04

Can anyone recommend a data recovery tool that works.I've just re-formatted me laptop and I've got 600MB of "stuff" backed up on cd.Now the little sod tells me that it is a blank cd but I know it's lying.When we were speaking,it used to say 600+MB available(when new),now it's in the huff it sez 11MB available(0 MB used).It appears that the cd has hidden me data and will not hand it over.I've tried being nice but to no avail. Please help an old man who's getting vexed.

I think I'll go back to using an abacus.At least the beads are big enough to be seen when you lose them!!While I'm at it,I might buy some writing paper and envelopes then I can throw the !"£$%^&* machine out the window.

Please help before I slash me wrists!!

DMT 09:24 17 Feb 04

Try Isobuster from click here

allang 10:14 17 Feb 04

^

plsndrs3 10:35 17 Feb 04

In the free Cd on PC Advisor issue 104 [spring 2004] there is software called CD X Rescue. Although I have never used this myself, the advertising blurb from the manufacturer inside on page 213 states that this will rescue & repair data on CDs. PCA calls it 'a remarkable piece of software that enables your computer to retrieve data from damaged disks' in their review on page 10.

Seems to be just the thing you are looking for.

HTH

Paul

allang 12:00 17 Feb 04

Thanx so far ....... any more?

deadneat 12:24 17 Feb 04

No

anchor 12:49 17 Feb 04

Never used this, but you can learn more about it here:

click here

click here

Diodorus Siculus 13:13 17 Feb 04

I suggest you try ISOBuster - I have used it a couple of times with excellent results.

Terry Brown 14:20 17 Feb 04

TRied CD X Rescue, Works perfect. Best Freebie for a long time.

allang 14:55 17 Feb 04

How much is the registration fee for CD X Rescue, or can you try the full package before buying?

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 15:03 17 Feb 04

Most file rescue apps only recover so much data depending how bad it is corrupt so dont be suprised if you dont get it all back,there is software out there to do this kind of job,but the top end stuff costs and usually u dont get a full working version for security purposes,Are u using the same software u copyied with to read the disk,some software encrypts data so only itself can read it.

Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…